Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Time for some more artwork!


I did say this site was for showcasing my aftwork. I'm currently filling orders for cards but here's a piece I did a few years ago on commission... I'm in a bright mood today, having purchased some flowers to plant, so this piece kind of spoke to me.
The text reads:

Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like no one is watching.

Which reminds me... I purchased a new dance-along exercise dvd that I'm going to have to toss into the player and try to follow along. I enjoy having a mighty laugh at myself every now and again. Not long ago I tried out a yoga tape that my husband had purchased for me a few Christmas' ago (yes, it stayed in the shrink wrap THAT LONG!... Along with the yoga mat that came with it!... And believe it or not it was something I actually put on my Christmas list... What was I thinking???) Anyway... This was no ordinary 'Yoga Video'... It was an entire series!!! 3 tapes to be exact, each claiming to work on a different area... Strength, Balance and Flexability... So I decided I could do with some Flexability training and popped in the tape. I was READY... Wearing my Flexible pants and EVERYTHING!.... While following along to the warm-up exercises I realized I had to remove my socks because I was slipping all over the carpet... Not a problem. Then the guy on the tape started maneuvering his body in positions I couldn't even HOPE to achieve... I'd definitly put in the wrong tape! It's then that I realized the tapes were in a numerical order.... Oh, I thought... I just needed to start with Tape 1 and that was the one marked 'Strength'... Undaunted I popped it in the VCR. Once again I started with the warm-up... Struggling to contort my body into the positions that 'Mr. Yoga Man' didn't seem to flinch over. Once he was past the warm-up phase he began balancing his entire body off the mat using just his arms.... WHAaaa? And he was able to hold it there in place for an ungodly amount of time!!! Eventually I just sat there on the floor watching in amazement at the control this guy had over his body. My yoga workout involvedI reaching for the video jacket to confirm that yes, the title for the video was "Yoga for Beginners"... Geez, I'm sure glad my husband didn't get me the 'Advanced' version. Eventually, 'Mr. Yoga Man' made it to the 'Cool Down' part of the session. This entailed laying flat on the floor, letting my body relax and sink into the earth and feeling my 'Chi'... I was ALL ABOUT the 'Cool Down' and finding my 'Chi' until I opened my eyes and caught a glimpse of a discoloration on my bedroom ceiling... "Ack! Was that from a leak in the roof?"... Oh my gosh, we'd better not have a leak in the roof... this is a new house! At that point I completely lost my 'Chi' and I haven't engaged in yoga since... That's why I thought the dance tape would be a better bet... We'll see!
 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

howdy!

11:48 AM, May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home