Friday, January 22, 2010

Answer: V-O-L-U-N-T-E-E-R

Question: What is, the word I have emblazoned upon my forehead.

Doesn't everybody just LOVE a Volunteer?

Today I attended a meeting in which I was asked twice to join the board of Tourism. - I wisely declined. "I'm already spread pretty thin." I explained.

Later I had another impromptu meeting in which I was asked to become Director of the Arts & Entertainment District. - Since I'm already doing a lot of what the job entails... Well, "Hello! I'd like you to meet the new Director of Arts & Entertainment."

Next week I have a meeting with Obama. *just kidding*

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

So you've seen the commercial that says if you volunteer you get a free one day pass to Dinseyworld. That will totally make up for all the lost sleep right!? CONGRATS!!

7:40 PM, January 23, 2010  
Blogger EmBee said...

You know why Disney makes that offer Carrie? Volunteers don't have time to go to Disneyworld.
:-(

10:25 PM, January 24, 2010  
Blogger Chris said...

Not everybody likes The Volunteers, Alabama Tide and Florida Gators hate them pretty much :)

Go Vols! (I'm not really a Tennessee Volunteer but I do live in Knoxville, lol)

6:15 PM, January 25, 2010  
Blogger lime said...

hey i am proud of you for saying no when you did though. it's sometimes a hard concept for us to learn but saying no to the "good" stuff lets us say yes to the "bes"t stuff.

2:15 PM, January 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home