Saturday, May 06, 2006

"Amazing Marge"


WARNING: The following post is rather narcissistic.

Last night we were invited to dinner at our friends house... Mmmmmm Delicious! And a major benefit is, I didn't have to cook!

My daughters best friend (CB) had informed me the previous day that she had learned to play 'Amazing Grace' on her guitar and I told her I looked forward to having her play it for me when we came over to dinner on Friday night.

It came as a complete surprise that she had changed the lyrics and written the following song for me:

Amazing Marge

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wrench (wretch) like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
was blind but now I see.

Amazing Marge how sweet she is,
lucky to come across a friend like this,
with hair so curly and a mexican face
Ms. Marge Blybake belongs in this place.

Twas Marge that was our first true friend,
I hope the times with her won't end.
As silly as this song may sound,
We are glad that Marge came around.

Don't worry this song does have it's stop
just watching your face expressions drop
I know your glad this song was sung
One more verse and this wong will be done.

Amazing Marge you'll wanna friend like this
Look how red she now is
But don't worry I know, we're red too
But heck this song still goes out to you!

(For those of you that know me well... You can now insert your finger in your throat... I however will continue to sit here beaming with pride!)

CB had the song typed out and gave me a copy... The first verse makes me me smile when I read (saved a wrench like me, tack that up to our kids combined religious experience... But, how cute is that! She and her mom sang the song together for me and I just couldn't stop grinning. What a WONDERFUL feeling to know that there's a family that enjoys me with all my faults and foibles so much that they'd let me know in such a sweet and goofy way... It's nice to be a member of the 'BlyBake Family'... And thanks so much CB for making me feel so special... Here's another BIG HUG for you!
 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool! I never knew children had such talent...Hi Marge...I'm glad you liked it!

See ya later,
C.B.

7:34 AM, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home