Monday, October 02, 2006

Fon-DO-ing It!

Fondue is a meal best planned for a day when you have vast amounts of time to graze... Fortunately yesterday was just such a day. We were invited to our friends Amy & Scott's home for a Family Fondue Event. The party consisted of 3 couples, 6 kids and 2 dogs that greeted us with their own version of 'Smack-Down Doggie Style'... That's a LOT of fondue sticks!

Funny thing 'Fondue'... It doesn't seem like you're eating a lot portion wise... And then all at once you feel like you're going to bust at the seams... And that was just the first course which consisted of two different pots of cheese, one curry & one ginger and a large assortment of veggies and bread for dipping.... Mmmmm Good!

Second course was the Meat... And oh, the choices! Amy had Beef, Chicken & Shrimp which you could either cook in hot oil or broth. This was the portion of the evening that left me just a tad uncomfortable... Too many forks, in too hot of a pot... I guess I was in a fatalistic mood, and sat back with my hands over my eyes, peeking through my fingers and just waited for the inevitable call to 911... However, everyone managed the meat cooking portion of the evening relatively unscathed so my anxiety was unfounded, but I can't help it... I'm a worrier, that's just what I do!

No fondue party is complete without Chocolate... So we rounded out our meal with two pots of dark chocolate fondue with a load of tasty morsels to dip, which included even 'Gummy Worms'... It's terribly hard to consider weight loss when confronted with the likes of melted chocolate!

Remember what I said about fondue being a long process? Our meal started around 3:00 and we finished sucking down melted chocolate some time around 9:30... But there's nothing better than indulging in delicious faire for hours at a time when you're in the company of good friends... Thanks Amy & Scott!
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a blast!

8:21 PM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

mmmmm, and you didn't invite me???? hehehe

5:09 AM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

M & Lime are joining us... We need more forks!

7:31 AM, October 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home