Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Strangely Emotional...

I am SO wierd...

While on vacation my friend 'L' and I stopped into a little gift shop and found the most amazing clocks... A wall filled with timepieces that whirled and twirled and sparkled and played such lovely music.

I was so enchanted by each clock my eyes quite literally filled with tears... What the heck is THAT about?
I'm a crier... I cry when I'm sad (of course!), I cry when I'm angry (not unusual), but I cry when I'm happy... And not just 'Happy' in the sense that I just had a baby or something (which, for some odd reason I didn't cry during either of my kids births.)... But I tend to cry when I'm 'Happy' because something charmed me... Like a Clock!

I can NOT see a Disney movie without getting teary eyed, especially if I'm with my kids. If a movie is especially sad I'm done for... I'll walk out of the theatre trying desperately to mask the puffy eyes and try to seek relief from the giant lump in my throat that I held there to keep from sobbing. When I went to see 'Titanic' I made it out of the theatre and all the way across the parking lot before I let loose a huge sob... The mother telling her children a bedtime story as the water rose around them completely did me in... I know I was one of millions that cried over that.

But a clock hanging in a gift shop?

I told my husband I thought it would make a lovely anniversary gift and he seems to like the idea too! I'm sure I'll only tear up the first time its little cogs spin around and it plays its first charming tune... Unless it goes off while I'm watching a Disney movie in the same room with one of my kids... Then I'll definitly need some tissues.
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

you're too cute.

10:47 AM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crying is good. No matter what anyone says, it is the people who don't cry who we should worry about!

5:47 PM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Chasing the Dog said...

It IS a beautiful clock. A piece to pass on to your children. Maybe that's what did it?

I'm a crier too. ALL the time. Can't get through a serious conversation w/o crying.

12:05 AM, September 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home