Sunday, March 08, 2009

Spring... Glorious Spring!!!

The weather around here can give a person a serious case of whiplash. It's difficult to believe that last Sunday evening we were faced with a major snowstorm. Tonight my daughter and I walked the golf course in short sleeves and delighted in the feeling of a mild breeze against our cheeks. The dog enjoyed a merry romp and the spring peepers were nearly deafening as we walked along the marsh.

It's Spring... I'll gladly give up an extra hour of sleep for longer days and later nights. It's as if a tight knot in the base of my soul, which took form after all the trees had lost their leaves sometime in late November, has loosened itself and now the strands which held it together flutter freely in the soft spring breeze.*

*I know, such a difference from my last post but the mild weather has me feeling all poetic.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i'm delighted for the warmth, the lost sleep, not so much.

but that is a lovely little poem at the end.

6:40 AM, March 09, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Not really a poem Lime, just waxing poetic... but thanks!
:-)

1:56 PM, March 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home