Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kanan Canyon - Taking the Scenic Route

Today has been the first 'quiet' day of our visit. Computer Boy went into Fox Studios with my brother-in-law who makes his living as a sound engineer. If your interested, you can find his filmography here (my brother-in-law, not Computer Boy), so the next time you go to the movies and you're sitting around watching the credits roll, when you see his name scroll up, you can give out a little cheer... We always do (usually confuses the hell out of the people left in the theatre.)

As for my daughter and I, we laid low and visited with my sister and enjoyed catching up with my dad, who came into town today. My niece and nephew have also warmed up to me so I had a lot of fun playing games and enjoying hugs.... Ahhhhh, family time, makes me SO happy!

Here are some pics Nature Girl took yesterday, which was one of the BEST DAYS EVER!
As I mentioned before, we traveled out to Thousand Oaks but I decided to cut through Kanan Canyon which empties out at Malibu Beach directly onto PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy), to make our way back to Huntington Beach. I have never seen so many flowers blooming in the canyons before and the trip down the coast was breathtaking. Here are some shots from our adventure:

Kanan Canyon

An overcast afternoon in Malibu.

We weren't the only ones enjoying the spectacular view.

Palos Verdes Cliff Dwellers.

Watching our step... Carefully!

Edith & Kathy, new friends we met along our adventure. These lucky ladies live in this area.

Long Beach, Nature Girl said this looked just like 'Need for Speed'

Getting the 'Green' light! No wonder it takes SO long to get anywhere around here, there are nearly as many traffic lights as their are cars.

Another Sunset... These never get boring.

All Photos by: Nature Girl

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

glad to hear things are going well and no those sunsets never get boring.

6:42 AM, April 15, 2009  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Sounds like you are having a great time on your vacation and your pics are awsome!

3:49 PM, April 15, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

liked the composition in Green Light!

5:23 PM, April 15, 2009  
Blogger paedstar said...

you guys have been busy!!! amazing pictures!!!

8:39 PM, April 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home