Thursday, April 09, 2009

California Here We Come!

This week Computer Boy celebrated his 19th birthday and next week Nature Girl will celebrate her 16th... To celebrate their accomplishments of living yet another year, we're flying to California tomorrow.

Okay, truth is, for the last several months Nature Girl has been expressing a desire to photograph the sunset over the Pacific Ocean. I thought, wouldn't it be great to give her that opportunity on her birthday? So, thanks to the powers that be... Hello, Mr. Tax Refund and Southwest Airlines, I could kiss you hard on the lips for offering that $95 fare to L.A... W
e're going to be walking along the Pacific Ocean tomorrow evening, round about the time my Eastern time zone friends will be getting ready for Leno. That, or I'll be sprawled out, dead to the world, on my sisters sofa because our day on the East Coast will have begun at 4:00am (that's 1:00am in L.A. to those of you who don't think in time zones.) I'm thinking a nap at the hotel should be our first destination.

Our hotel has wi/fi so I hope to post updates and pics throughout the week. I'm also pretty certain that an odd situation or two will meet us along the way, so stay tuned!
Here are some pics I took during our last visit in 2006:


3 views out of our Garden Grove hotel room window... We're staying there again... Hey, it was a nice place and very reasonably priced... The view however, isn't much to brag about.

Now this, THIS is a view. Laguna Beach 2006

And here was my shot of a Pacific Ocean Sunset over Huntington Beach 2006.
I can't wait to see what my daughter is going to capture.


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Christy said...

Oooooh--I'm jealous! Have a great time! What an awesome birthday present!

8:11 AM, April 09, 2009  
Blogger Katy said...

I can't wait to see her photos either, you have a genius photographer on your hands with that girl!!!

Have fun!

10:17 AM, April 09, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

what a wonderful gift at a fabulous price. safe travels and i'll be looking forward to seeing what she captures!

11:36 AM, April 09, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

Very creative present and I think it's great that she has that desire.

8:15 PM, April 09, 2009  
Blogger kiddiesandkitties said...

Yay! I hope you have lots of fun and bring back lots of pics!

10:16 PM, April 10, 2009  
Blogger NikonSniper said...

you have some extremely interesting perspectives here! good show.
nikonsniper

12:06 AM, April 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home