Tuesday, May 23, 2006

UFO

This past weekend my family travelled to Virginia for a funeral. We spent Sunday walking around Falls Church (My husbands home town) taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful spring weather.

Earlier that morning we sat around discussing photography with my husbands cousin who is also an avid picture taker. We were lamenting the various draw-backs of our current cameras. My camera could well be considered a dinosaur having reached the ripe old age of 5 yrs. It's an Olympus C-2100 digital that is still capable of taking Wonderful pictures it just has the very annoying drawbacks of 1) Taking 'Freaking' Forever to power up. 2) Taking an equally frustrating amount of time to actually take the picture from the moment I push the shutter button... And 3) Should I wish to take another shot in short succession? Well, fahgettaboutit! I have a 2 1/2 yr. old niece that I haven't been able to get a decent shot of since before she began to walk.

So his cousin and I sat and fantasized about the camera we'd LOVE to own... We're both in agreement that the Canon Rebel EOS is the end all, be all of digital cameras. Every time I bring it up my husband sings the praises of my current camera and the quality of the pictures it puts out. Then I counter with it's 3 major drawbacks. We go back and forth like that until my husband says something like, "Sell enough cards and you can purchase it with the money!" The Canon Rebel EOS at $1,000.00 price-tag means a hell of a lot of cards... So the conversation usually ends there.

Anyway, back to our walk around Falls Church... As we were meandering I looked up and saw an amazing sight! An F-117 was flying overhead, fairly low and at a slow coast. I was so excited I said, "Look, Look!" but it came out more like "Uh! Ah!"... Luckily I pointed while I said it and my husband caught sight of it too. To two former Lockheed employees this was like seeing the 'Holy Grail' dance above our heads... It was 'Our Plane.' That's when my husband said, "Marge, Camera!"... Oh ya, I had my camera hanging right around my neck and completely forgot about it... So I fumbled to turn it on and waited an interminable amount of time for it to fire up and brought my eye to the viewfinder only to see blackness... THEN, I removed the lens cap and THEN, waited an eternity for the shutter to open and close after I pushed the button. The picture you see above is of the F-117... It's that little black dot above the tree line. I told my husband, "See if I'd only had the 'Rebel' I could've gotten an incredible shot... That's when he reminded me that even the 'Canon Rebel EOS' comes with a lens cap.
 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You NEED the Canon Rebel! My favorite first cousin is great, but he just doesn't understand. BTW, see, I checked out your blog.

6:52 PM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home