Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Laundry Catch-up... Not Catsup!

I think I've finally found the bottom of all the dirty clothes bins in the house. I guess I'm kind of OCD when it comes to laundry bins. Let me explain... There's a bin/hamper in each room... There's a Deluxe hamper in the master bedroom... By 'Deluxe' I mean it has 3 separate bins, one for 'Whites'... one for 'Light Color Clothes'... and one for 'Dark Color Clothes'... It's very simple really and Oh, so organized!

If you're like me and organized laundry really makes your day complete than I'm sure you can relate when I tell you the following story:

Yesterday I was on my 3rd or 4th load of laundry when I went to fill my laundry basket with the clothes from the 'Light Colored Bin'... I had just loaded the 3rd and last load of 'Dark Colors' into the dryer (there were a damn lot of jeans!) It's stupid but I take such pleasure in seeing a completely empty 'Bin' it's because I know that part of the job is complete and I can prove it. SO, imagine my horror as I lifted the 'Light Colored Clothes' from their bin and found that my husband had included his BRIGHT RED POLO SHIRT to the LIGHT COLORED CLOTHES!!! He was working from home yesterday and it took all my willpower not to run down the hall to his office and smack him in the back of the head during his afternoon conference call. I can't tell you how many times I've made him stand next to me in front of the 'Deluxe Hamper' while I explained to him how the clothes are supposed to be sorted. I'm really not a very demanding wife... All I'm asking for is a little bit of assitance when it comes to sorting laundry... 3 bins, all together in a row... It's NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!!

Of course I HAD to pluck the RED shirt out of the 'Light Colored Laundry' (or else everything would've turned a hideous shade of 'Pink') and drop it into what would no longer be, the EMPTY 'Dark Colored Bin'... The 'Red Shirt' sat there and it mocked me saying, "You haven't really caught up on all the laundry, I'm still here!"... I wish my husband could understand what it feels like to have the laundry mock you... 'Cause if he did I think he'd be a little less careless with where he throws his dirty clothes.

By the way: I washed that red shirt today... Because after one day, the 'Dark Colored' bin was half full and the kids dirty laundry added up to a full load... Which means the 'Red Shirt' was right... I'll never really be caught up with the laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home