Thursday, July 06, 2006

Romo or is it Roam-O'

My sister always told me she didn't have any pets... She says she doesn't have the time and she doesn't need the extra responsibility they require.

So we're hanging out in her kitchen and to my surprise she walks over to the back door and lets a cat in that's been pawing on the glass. The cat then slinks over to an empty bowl on the floor that I hadn't noticed before, and looks beseechingly at my sister who pointedly asks the kitty, "Are you hungry?"... She then walks over to a cupboard, pulls out a bag of cat food and fills the bowl with crunchy morsels. I sat there with my mouth agape and finally said, "Wait a minute... I thought you said you didn't have any pets?" To which she replied, "I don't... This is Romo, he belongs to the next door neighbors but he comes over here sometimes." Then she pointed out a cat bed with a toy in it laying in a corner of the kitchen... I had noticed that before but thought it was one of my nieces playthings.

So I look at my sister and I say, "It's not your cat but it eats here, it sleeps here and it paws at the door to be let in and out?"... "Pretty much." she replied. I think my sister is deluding herself... She's got a cat or rather, the cats got her.
 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger (M)ary said...

Awww! Romo has found a home-o...

Sounds like your sister has been adopted.

9:09 AM, July 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home