Thursday, August 17, 2006

File this under the category of 'What's That About?'

I was glancing through my 'Kohl's' circular this morning and came across this ad for 'Tony Hawk' sport wear for young men... This is only one of the pictures they advertise... But I promise you, every single one of the young men and boys pictured have the same nasty looking scowl on their face... You know the one, "Whaddya think you're lookin' at?" expression.

This ad does not... I repeat, DOES NOT make me want to go out and buy 'Tony Hawk' wear for my son... And since I can't picture too many young men perusing the pages of a Kohl's flyer... I seriously doubt the advertisement is aimed at anybody but middle aged mom's like myself... And I can tell you this... These smart-assed looking kids DON'T make me want to spend one dime on 'Tony Hawk' sports wear.
 Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

what? you don't want your son walking around with a permanent scowl?? gees, you're just so unreasonable.

12:52 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Chasing the Dog said...

Two Words: "Blue Steel"

Only true Zoolander fans know what I'm talking about. :D

1:22 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

I'm sure he thinks he has plenty of other reasons to scowl... His clothes don't need to be one of them!

1:28 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Crap... Now I gotta go rent a video so I can understand teenage angst?

Thanks a lot Paige :-)

3:51 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger (M)ary said...

Blue steel!! I get the joke.

Good point, though, Margie...who are they marketing the clothes to? The kids.
Who is reading the ad and paying for the clothes?
The mom.

At least the boys are wearing enough clothes. The young girls clothes these days seem EXTREMELY skimpy and overly sexual. Don't even get me started on that topic!

8:23 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger (M)ary said...

ps Margie....I don't think you would like Zoolander! Maybe you would....the humor is juvenile.

Ben Stiller plays a male model and he has a "look" he calls "blue steel"...

8:30 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hey M... Yes, the clothing for young girls is a whole other blog that I'll save for another day.

I like Ben Stiller... But Zoolander is weird ey? I really like 'Something About Mary'... but it's really only good the first time... Once you know all the gags it's pretty inane.

8:42 PM, August 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home