Friday, August 11, 2006

Some Get It... Some Don't...

My husband and I have a favorite card... A card that to this day can make us start snickering and eventually result in the two of us snorting and holding our sides. Part of that reponse comes from the day we found the card...

We were shopping in a craft store 'MJ Designs' that not only had crafts but a card section also. My husband was searching for a card for his sisters birthday when he ran across the one seen above. He came up behind me as I perused another aisle in the store and dangled the front of the card in my face inviting me to check it out... So I read it... And of course I thought... How stupid is this?... Then I opened the card and this is what was inside....

No text... No nothing... Nothing but this really strange looking guy with an even stranger goofy grin. My initial reaction was... "Huh?!?"... And then I looked at my husband and he looked at me and we both burst out laughing... We both looked at the outside of the card again... Opened it up... Again... And the second time we laughed even harder! It got to the point where we had to walk away from eachother because we were laughing so hard that every time our eyes met we'd nearly pee our pants! The moving to opposite ends of the store thing served us well for the first couple of minutes but eventually I could still hear him a few aisles over snickering away and I'd start giggling all over again... We were both wiping away tears we were laughing so hard and by the time we went to purchase the card we could barely walk our sides were aching so badly. The girl at the check-out looked at us like we were insane... Which some who look at this card and don't understand the humor would probably agree... Maybe those who don't get it think we are certifiable and should've been committed a long time ago.

However...

If any of you out there look at this card and are struck with the same response my husband and I had... Then you're definitly OUR kind of people!

btw: We purchased 4 copies of the card that day and have bestowed all but 1 copy to like minded friends... That last copy I keep in a special memories box.
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Food Loving Mama said...

I don't get it... Please explain i guess that makes me not your kind of person though, but anyway i would love to see inside the script in your heads that made this so funny :-)

2:06 AM, August 13, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

JYMK... Don't worry, few get it... But let me ask you... When you look at that guys face does it make you want to at least snicker? I guess the best explanation is that it's just so completely unexpected and downright odd... And the fact that you posted a response to it DEFINITLY makes me think you're my kind of person! Thanks!

4:40 PM, August 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home