Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy 71st...

Contrary to what it may appear... I'm not some freaked out Elvis fan who just returned from an annual pilgrimage to 'Graceland'... Quite the contrary actually, I just happened to have this pic on file that I took of a mural on the side of a building in Falls Church, Virginia.

When I ran across it I thought to myself, "Hey didn't Elvis die in August?" After a brief online search I found the quote below and the date of his death... This week! How could I pass up the opportunity?

On a side note and at the risk of being sacreligious... My husband and I have a theory, well his really but I quite agree... That one day, perhaps in a few hundred years or so... Elvis will become a new religion... Those who worship at the church of Elvis will be known as 'Presletarians' and their prayers will all end with "Thank ya, Thank ya vera much!"... And man, are their services gonna ROCK!... I can hear the choir now singin' 'That's All Right Mama'


"Rythym is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over."

-Elvis Aaron Presley
Jan. 08, 1935 - Aug. 16, 1977
 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger (M)ary said...

when you think about how archaelogists look at artifacts and try to understand past societies...

it makes you wonder what they will think of our society:

"They worshiped a King. His name was Elvis. We have uncovered his palace, Graceland..."

3:11 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Exactly!!!

3:22 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

LOL. hilarious post! limelette #2 is a presletarian already. and as for the rhythm thing....she has it ALL over. it's amazing to watch.

12:19 PM, August 19, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime,
As long as she's not eating fried p'nut butter and banana sandwiches I guess it's a healthy obsession.

Though I DO imagine they'll be surving them up at the church picnics.

3:06 PM, August 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home