Tuesday, August 22, 2006

There Will Be Squealing!

I'm soldiering on in my attempt to achieve a svelte physique... Even though my ego took a major hit last night, I managed not to placate myself with food and instead had a cup of tea. I'm well aware that if I'd chosen the route of stuffing food into my face I'd have felt even lower today. What I DID do was wake up early and walked off some of the stress... And now, in the light of day, things don't seem nearly as bleak as they did last night.

I'm fortunate to have found a partner in accountability... 'Newlywed Girl' and I are both going for the 20 lb. loss by Christmas... That'll mean 40 less pounds of weight holding the earth in its orbit. She suggested that when we meet our goal at Christmas we'll celebrate by shopping in tax free Delaware and reward ourselves with new clothes from the After-Christmas sales. I'm so thrilled she offered the suggestion... Not only has the accountability helped immensely when I find myself saying, "Just one more helping can't hurt."... or... "Must I walk in this humidity?" but the incentive of having someone to share 'skinny' clothes shopping with is just too delightful!

When I lost my original 30 lbs. it was a given that I needed to buy new clothes... Oh, the delicious torture! It was SO thrilling to try on pants 3 sizes smaller than I'd been able to fit in for years... And Jeans no less, I hadn't worn jeans for almost a decade because I couldn't stand the feeling of sitting or bending over and feeling like someone had driven a machete throw that roll in my mid-section. So as I was standing in that little dressing room at JCPenny I wanted to squeal for joy! Not only did the jeans fit but they were COMFORTABLE! And the really great part was that there was space between the top of my thighs... I hadn't seen light through there since I had my second child!

Squealing out loud in a dressing room is never a good idea when you're shopping by yourself... Others in the immediate area might be concerned by this behavior and wish to put distance between you and themselves. Luckily I had the presence of mind to consider this fact and limited the squealing to the inside of my head. Somehow squealing in your head lacks a certain sense of credibility, so when 'Newlywed Girl' and I hit those after Christmas sales it's gonna be a whole different story... Because yes! There will be squealing!

6 Comments:

Blogger (M)ary said...

Good for you!! (-:

Congratulations. Keep it up.

7:58 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

i say you squeal to your hearts content. or if it is too high-pitched go for a hearty woohoo!

9:07 AM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

Hello :) It is NewlywedGirl here or NewlywedGal...not sure which one it finally let me use as my name. But I am ready...went for a 45 min walk tonight after walking the dogs, which is usually more of an arm workout then anything else :) I can't wait to go shopping! Skinny clothes and squealing here we come!

8:01 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

I did my 2 mile power walk this morning and this evening the leisurely mile meander with the family.

We SO ROCK!

9:47 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ok, so now check me out...not as high class as you are, but I did give you a shout out on it :) I figured this way I can post what I am doing (or not doing) in our "lose 20 by Christmas" challenge. It kind of helps a little bit that there is a possibility that others will see it...even if they don't know who I am and I don't know who they are!!

6:26 PM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh and yes...WE DO ROCK!

6:26 PM, August 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home