Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Dance

I took this picture at the wedding we attended a couple of weeks ago... Initially I thought it was a dud but upon closer inspection I've decided it has merit.

This is a shot of our cousin Lynn sharing the first dance with her son Nicholas after his marriage to Jen. The shot seems to so adequately depict the speed at which our children grow... And at the expense of sounding rather sappy... The dance we share with them along the way to adulthood. At first the dance begins rather shakily each finding their proper footing and who will lead... Every so often a foot gets stepped on, but the dance goes on...

At the end of this dance Lynn watched her son walk back to his wife and begin a dance of their own... A dance where they'll work to match one anothers moves, where there will be some mis-steps, but they'll always maintain a loving grasp on one another.

I hope the song my son and I are dancing to right now is an extremely long one, because I'm enjoying our dance so very much!
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture and good point. I take pictures with demon eyes and you take pictures that are lovely and meaningful.....Arrrgh! Send me this one too, please. Full strength.

12:09 PM, October 07, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

awww, how special. well done. good thoughts too.

8:48 AM, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home