Friday, October 06, 2006

When they invent teleportation...

There are days I miss my sister so much it hurts!

But what can I do? She lives as close to the West Coast as I live to the East Coast and that's a distance that can't be spanned in any resonable period of time. Oh, there's always the telephone, but it's just not the same as being able to look her in the eye, see her smile, watch her laugh... and share our joys and our sorrows in the same room together.

We correspond by phone periodically... But a phone call can also be such an interruption to the daily routine that my sister (the mother of two small children and young-adult daughter) works her butt off trying to maintain. If I were there with her we could share in all those tasks that keeps mothers with busy little people always moving... We could share and we could laugh.

There was a time in our lives when we were far away from eachother emotionally... We shared the same space but we each had separate interests. Then there was a period when we lived close but our lives were so different from one another that we barely had time or understanding for what was driving us. Now finally, I feel we're at a point when we are emotionally connected like never before but it's the distance that separates us. I hope there's the opportunity lying in wait for us one day, to indulge in eachothers company and finally enjoy the fact that even though separate families brought us together we really are sisters.

I love you Deb!
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way about my sister. She's only three hours away, attending college, but it seems as though when we lived in the same room, we hardly knew (or cared to get to know) each other. After she left, we started missing one another so badly and no amount of phone calls can make that any better.

10:09 AM, October 07, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks Thinker... You don't really know what you have until it's not there every day... It's nice to know there's someone who can relate.

10:11 AM, October 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home