Monday, November 27, 2006

And they said it wouldn't last...

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated 23 years of wedded bliss... Oh, let's be realistic... We celebrated 23 years as husband and wife!

It hasn't all been 'Blissful' but it HAS been 'Wonderful'... As with any relationship we've had our ups and our downs... Times when we've wanted to knock eachother upside the head and say, "What were you thinking?" and times when we haven't wanted to speak to one another at all! But always, ALWAYS there has been love and respect.

When we first married I looked at this man as my 'Prince Charming'... The one who came to save me from a life of put downs, abuse and people who made me feel less than I knew I was worth. In the beginning of the marriage I played the part of a child, following instructions because I didn't know my own mind, believing myself helpless and acting spoiled when I didn't get my way. I was 19 yrs. old and still had so much growing up to do. Thankfully he was patient with me as I went through the process of maturing.

Today, I consider myself a strong and independent woman. Capable, even tempered and aware of my worth as a Wife, Mother and an Individual. I'm so grateful for the man I married and the wonderful family I married into... A Mother-In-Law who treats me as though I were one of her own... Brother & Sisters-In-Law who treat me as a sibling, teasing and all!

It's been an amazing ride these last 23 years. I wouldn't change a moment, because from all of it, the good and the not so good I grew as a person. I look forward to what the next 23 yrs. will bring and I think to myself, what a lucky woman I am... Not only that but... What a lucky guy HE is and what a fortunate couple WE are!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. Sounds like your marriage has done exactly what it's supposed to - imitate life which is a series of ups and downs.
Bravo to you both for appreciating and knowing what you have.
LJ

3:58 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Dear Linda.... EXACTLY! :-)
And thanks so much!

9:13 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Happy Anniversary. Wow, married at 19 and still together. That's truly amazing. Sadly enough, here in Detroit, Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson have decided to get a divorce--I guess four months was just too long for them. Again, congrats on 23 years.

1:19 AM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

what a lovely post. congratulations to you both on building something so enduring and positive.

6:12 AM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hey JR, Thanks... And yes, I was just barely legal... My husband was a cradle robber being 6 1/2 yrs. older than I.

As for Kid and Pam... Damn, I had such high hopes for those two... Guess I'll have to return that waffle iron I never got to sending... I wasn't worried about the tardiness of the gift because they say you have up to a year after the date of the wedding to send gifts... Maybe I'll just re-gift it and send it to Tom & Katie, though it's my guess I'd better hurry and get to it or end up having to save it for another Hollywood wedding.

Lime, thanks so much! :-)

7:53 PM, November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home