Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's the thought that counts...

I was reading the latest issue of 'Good Housekeeping' this morning and came across an article titled 'The worst gift ever... and then what to do with them.'

I just HAD to share my favorite:

Save it for Halloween? "A relative once gave me an angel that was holding a little electric candle." recalls Sandra. "The angel's arms swing back and forth, and when the candle tilts the wrong way, it looks as though she's trying to stab herself in the chest."

...Wait, I think I saw that angel on display at Walmart!

The worst gift I ever received... Well, there were 2 actually and I received them both the same year for Christmas...
  1. A varigated lime green, hand knitted 'dickie' from my paternal grandma... I thought it was a lampshade cover.
  2. A really cool calculator (a REALLY big deal back in 1978!), which I was extremely excited about. Only to find that there was no calculator inside the box... Apparently my maternal grandma had purchased the box for the display model... Never did get the calculator.

So what's the worst... Um, sorry... Most INTERESTING gift you've ever received?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....in the secret santa exchanges at work I always get christmas tree decorations even tho I don't put up a tree.
Last year I received a huge live wreath as my final gift. I had no where to put it in my small apartment.
I always say no Christmas decorations please before the exchange starts but the ladies like to shop at the Christmas outlet stores that pop up for the season.

3:48 PM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

one christmas every single thing my MIL gave me is something she herself had previously used.

if the thought counts there clearly wasn't a lot of thought.

4:58 PM, November 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home