Tuesday, November 21, 2006

'Merry Potter'





Here I am... Involved in my new favorite past-time... 'Throwing Pots'

I have yet to accomplish anything of 'Ghost' like proportions (ie. Demi Moore & Patrick Swayze's erotic scene on the wheel.)... Meaning, conspicuous phallic pieces that soar to a miraculous height. Mostly I'm achieving ramekin size bowls, mugs and creamer size pitchers.... But, oh the joy and serenity of molding a slab of clay into a completely unique piece of art... It's one of those skills that looks incredibly easy when you watch someone else do it, but try your own hand at it and you wonder how in the hell they make it look so simple???

At some point I'll post pics of a couple of my finished pieces but SOME of the people WHO I know read my blog, just might be receiving a certain item for Christmas and I'd really hate to minimize the surprise before they get a chance to open it. ;-)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

Very cool...I have some cool bowls that two different neighbors of mine made...(stored in FL)

10:55 AM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

i would so love to learn how to do that! what fun once youmaster it. i know it's tough to do but i think once you master it it looks like such a peaceful, serene thing to do.

1:59 PM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Claudia, They must be special neighbors because the time each bowl takes to throw, fire and glaze is quite lengthy.

Lime, Oh do whatever you must to find a place to take a class... It is the biggest stress releasing activity I've ever engaged in! Yes, EVEN more so than what I KNOW you're thinking of! ;-)
In fact, should you ever visit your friends at the 'Elk Neck River' again... You can schedule a lesson since the shop is REALLY close by!

5:34 PM, November 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home