Friday, November 17, 2006

That's MY Dooce!

The reason I became a blogger are purely and quite simply because of my admiration for the ONE, who in my humble opinion, is the best damn blogger of them all Heather Armstrong, a woman who makes blogging an art form.

I stumbled upon her website, known as Dooce while randomly searching for a link to see if it was possible to install recessed lighting in a plaster & lathe ceiling. Heather and her husband John had remodeled their kitchen and posted the most entertaining account of 'Do It Yourself'ing' that I'd ever encountered. I read through days/months/years of previous posts and was instantly hooked!

As a Mother and 'Former' Mormon myself, with a taste for (I'll admit it) the raunchy side of humor and a propensity for the outrageous... I became a Dooce o' phobe! Heather's use of finely tuned metaphor's and wickedly fun observations make me want to bow down to her superiority as a blogger and chant, "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!" Not to mention the fact that she's a kick-ass photographer!

"So there I am, Gap sweater and khakis that I bought on clearance, and shoes I got two-for-one at Mervyns, and even though my hair and make-up had been crafted by a professional, I felt like a five foot eleven inch thumb. It did not help that the other people who had been invited to the discussion were all male political bloggers, one of whom is currently working on his Ph.D. at Harvard. Where did I go to college? An institution whose administration was so offended by the nudity contained in some of Rodin’s finest sculptures that they stuck The Kiss in a dark basement and refused to allow their students to see it. You could say that my education was robust."

My daily Dooce is like eating the finest dark chocolate... A little naughty, but SO worth the indulgence!

Heather's recent posts detail her trip to NYC to take part in a 'Bloggers' round table discussion on CNN along with some of the 'heavyweights' in the Blogging world. The topic was 'Time Magazine's Person of the Year'. It's fairly evident that Heather doesn't take herself too seriously when it comes to blogging and was aware that not only was she invited for comic relief but to also prove to the world that we 'stay at home Mom's', while involved in a serious business, don't take ourselves too seriously. Heather was considering 'Britney Spears' as Time Magazine's Person of the Year.

All I can say is, WAY TO GO HEATHER!!! I don't know you from Adam and yet, I feel like a close confidante and best friend... And I can't wait to watch you on CNN!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to stumble on really cool blogs? It seems like there is an endless supply. I am going to check out Dooce right now...um...afer I read your blog of course!

2:33 PM, November 17, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Very true M... Go NOW and be entertained... Trust me, she's FANTASTIC!... However I am chuckling to myself over your last comment.

Have a GREAT weekend!

3:11 PM, November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is very entertaining. I could look through her photographs for days.

1:47 AM, November 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out Dooce.
I like your blog better Margie!!


PS you are chuckling because I misspelled after as afer....

3:50 PM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

NO, I would never laugh at a typo for I'm guilty of them all the tyme!... I'm chuckling because of the 'after I read etc...of course!'

Compared with Dooce I can't blog my way out of a paper bag. I am however most grateful for such a compliment!

5:17 PM, November 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home