Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hotness!

A week ago we attended a dinner at TNS (my kids school)... Being it was a sort of holiday themed dinner I thought I'd get a little dressier than usual. What with all the holiday fare that has come my way in the past 5 weeks or so, I'm feeling pudgier, to put it nicely, than I did roughly 6 months ago... So much for that 20, even 10 lb. weight loss by 2007... That ship sailed a couple of months ago, au revoir, adios, buh bye!

Anyway, back to the point... For the dinner that night I pulled on my ever tighter jeans, a lace cami and a low v-neck sweater. I left the hair in a mass of curls, threw on some jewelry (which I seldom do anymore, now that I'm so into pottery.) and made do with what the good lord gave me... and all the rest of I've so gluttonously added to it.

While sitting around gabbing with a few of the other Mom's, Amy, the woman who now and forever shall be known as one of my dearest friends, looked at me and said, "God Margie, you look HOT tonight, if I were a lesbian I'd totally DO you!" You gotta know Amy to understand that this was one of the highest compliments one could ever receive... And yes, for the rest of the evening I held my head a little higher, kept my back a little straighter, (which in turn made my boobs look a bit perkier) and I'd swear my pants felt a little looser too (well, then again, they do have a tendancy to do that until I wash them again.)

Thanks Amy for your sentiment made for such a lovely holiday present... And don't worry, I think the other Mothers will tire of talking about us long before the end of the school year.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh. If they talk, it's just because they're jealous of our mad love!

9:57 PM, December 28, 2006  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

It's all in the attitude Margie. Have a wonderful, fun-filled 2007!

8:11 AM, December 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home