Friday, December 29, 2006

Re-Decorating

My arms ache, my shoulders hurt, my legs are wobbly and my house looks like a cyclone hit it... My daughter and I are re-decorating her bedroom. Yesterday, with my sons help, we wrestled getting extremely tight screws loose from walls with our crappy little screwdrivers because my husband, who is still in Virginia visiting his mom, took the power drill and palm sander with him. I really didn't begin to get upset until I spent nearly a 1/2 hour trying to remove 4 little pin-head, penny nails, that had been used to support 4 little 5 oz. frames, from the 4 2x4's he had nailed them into... It was only once I became engaged in that little task that I began cursing his name in 7 different languages... And I really only know 1.

We were saved when 'The Captain' came by with his power drill and palm sander. It made it SO MUCH EASIER for my son to remove the curtain rod... And let it be now and forever known that NEVER in the history of my life will I allow ANYONE I know place any glow in the dark item to the ceiling with sticky putty! There is a special place in hell for the creators of this item. Thus the reason the palm sander became such a useful tool.

Though the only painting I've done thus far, along with my daughters help, has been the ceiling, my arms are quite literally ready to simply drop right off my body. I'm sure that by tomorrow I'm going to feel a hell of a lot worse!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oooh, i was considering putting up stars on my sons ceiling...maybe i shoudl reconsider...

personally i think the inventors of wall paper should be drawn and quartered. and anyone who glues panelling also deserves the chinese water torture.

12:30 PM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

*Running in slow motion towards the computer, reaching through the screen and smacking the package of 'Glow-in-the-dark Stars' out of the hands of Lime all the while shouting, "NOOoooooooOOOOoooooOOOOooooOOOO!!!! For God's sake think of the ceiling woman!"*

Wallpaper: Never have used it, Never WILL use it, Never will buy a house that has it on the walls... even if it IS all about Location, Location, Location!

Panelling: See Above.

7:24 PM, December 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home