Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Latest Work...

I told 'Newlywed Girl' I'd post some pics of the cards I've been working on lately... She's got several friends weddings to attend in the next few months so here goes...
I'm really into flowers lately (aahh, Spring... Where are you?) and the chip-board variety let me add the color and style of paper I've used on the envelope.
I think I need to back off from the flowers for a while and come up with something more unique.
So I went with a star for this one. Inside it says 'Congratulations' in raised gold letters. It's difficult to get shots of the interior of the cards without bending them all up... But each interior has a white block enhanced with either ribbon or paper that coordinates with the envelope & exterior of the card. Some have a greeting but most are left blank for your personal message.


This is my over-zealous attempt at distressing... It may sell to those who like shabby-chic or 'Curt Cobain' fans who still like the 'grunge' style. The envelope photographed very 'pink'... It's really quite deep in color as you can see behind the flower... Believe it or not, that's the same paper... It's also difficult to tell that the paper has an 'aged' quality to it.


Too many flowers... Must... resist... the ... lure... of... the... flowers!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i really liek the raggedy one. but that's me. the star is cool too.

9:08 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks Lime... As long as liek is a typo and not some Trini word for 'Looks like crap!'
*grin*

10:27 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

no, it's one of my most common typos....sorry lol

10:23 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow Margie, they are awesome!! Thanks for posting the pics. :)

7:26 AM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home