Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Atlanta Rose

My dear friend Rose is in town for the first time in years! We've been SO busy catching up (even though we talk on the phone quite often), visiting with old friends, introducing her to my new friends, playing tennis, eating (so much for all that Hot Yoga) and shopping (finished decorating the office and I'm back into loving the shopping thing again), this is the first chance I've had to sit and even check e-mail.

It's impossible to put into words how wonderful it is to have Rose here... To be able to look her in the eye during a meaningful conversation instead of share an "I know! or "Uh-huh!" over a long-distance phone line. It's wonderful just to be able to reach over and give her arm a gentle squeeze of support or gratitude, as we discuss matters of the heart. There have been pauses in our converses but always comfortable pauses, as we've known one another for so long, roughly 18 yrs.

I've been searching for quotes from people more eloquent than I, regarding the friendship that Rose and I share. I haven't really found the perfect one yet but this one is close:

There's something beautiful about finding one's innermost thoughts in another.
-Olive Schreiner

or this:

True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in the worth and choice.

-Ben Johnson

Rose is one of the wisest choices I've ever made.




Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oh a friend like this is a true treasure. hope the visit is just wonderful in every way.

2:44 PM, July 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love you margie! my visit was so great, you are the best friend ever! (even though, I thought maybe you would have taken the time to dust the top of the fridge for me....LOL)
come visit me!

7:29 AM, August 20, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

It SO was Lime!

I'm gonna get to Atlanta soon and don't think I won't be examining the top of YOUR fridge! :-)

10:55 AM, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home