Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hot Yoga - Night #2

I know I keep referring to it as 'Hot Yoga' when it's really known as 'Bikram Yoga' but truth be told, there's just no other way to adequately describe it. Imagine doing regular yoga and really 'digging in' in order to hold a position. You sweat right? Now imagine it in a 99-100 degree room. We're talking 'Sweat-O-Rama'! Last night I wore a fitted cotton t-shirt that was quite literally hanging on me by the time I got home. After Hot Yoga my hair looks a lot like it does right AFTER I get out of the shower except all that water? It's pure sweat! Because of all the sweat it's difficult not to slide around on your yoga mat during the workout so I'm happy the instructor made the suggestion to bring a towel to place on the mat to prevent slipping. Problem is, you have to carry all that back out to your car AFTER the workout and believe me, After Hot Yoga you'd best be careful because a light rain or a slight breeze will take you down. Well, maybe not everybody, but most certainly ME.

Last night our instructor informed us that he would be travelling to Aspen, Colorado to teach yoga at a retreat. He told us we'd have other excellent instructors taking his place. He also informed us that he is, "The Santa Claus of Yoga." Meaning if we don't show up for class he'll be able to look into his crystal ball/computer and see who's not giving it their best effort. Oh, I wish he hadn't said that. I'm such a stupid freakin' people pleaser that I'm going to be obsessing over any missed classes. I know of one I won't be able to make due to other plans and I'm already worried about when I'll be able to go in to make it up. I am exceedingly proud to report though, that I received not one but two 'Atta Girl's!' last night. Neither instructor had to come over and adjust my stance at any point and Steve actually said, "Good job Marge....E!" I fairly beamed because not only did he get my name right but hey, I was actually doing this crap correctly... And busting my ass doing it!

Today I'm really sore again, lower back and across my shoulders mostly. I didn't have that powerful 'sleep of the dead' last night, which I find disappointing... But in some sick twisted way I might just be enjoying this thing called Yoga. Not to a huge extent mind you, because my favorite part of it is still, and probably always will be, when it's over!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

I'm going to watch your progress too- only because I kind of want to try this, but I want to see how a "normal" person like myself fares.
It does sound like a good workout.

5:02 PM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

man, your description does NOTHING to make me want to try this particular brand of torture, lol. i'm glad you feel good about it though.

8:53 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

WM & Lime, Just stay tuned for my next post on Hot Yoga!

7:57 PM, July 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home