Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Poetry in Motion

The other day when my daughter and I were engaging ourselves in the joys of landscaping we encountered a minor accident. Well, I had the accident but it involved my husbands car.

I was conscientously putting away all of our tools and hung the rake on the rack located on the garage wall. The 'rake rack' is located just above the spot for our trash can. I hung the rake and then I brought in the empty can from the street. It's a rather tight area with my husbands car in the garage. So I shimmied the can back and forth in order to fit it into it's nesting place. What I didn't notice was as I shimmied the can was lifting the rake handle off the rack which resulted in the rake crashing down, thankfully not on my head but instead against my husbands car.

It doesn't look too noticeable but where there was once a lovely sleek surface, there now resides two dents with a little of the grey paint chipped out. I knew my husband wouldn't be happy, who would? So instead of just going up to his office and breaking it to him, I decided to write him a little poem... It went something like this:

When cleaning up,
mistakes I'll make.
I'm sorry I dented
your car with the rake.

My husband snickered slightly when I gave him the note. Then he looked up at me and said, "No really, You dented my car?" To which I replied, "I don't make this stuff up for fun." He wasn't mad because hey, it's not like I pulled a 'Carrie Underwood'... I just had an accident and accidents happen... So does bad poetry.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i'm glad he wasn't upset. bad poetry must help. i'll have to remember that
hehehe

10:39 AM, July 11, 2007  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

Making lawn pretty
Rake falls on the silver car
Making car blemished.

Yay for bad poetry!

4:06 PM, July 11, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

I recommend it Lime!

Hee WM... Lovely, just Lovely! Maybe we should start a new blog... BadPoetryBlog.com?

8:02 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

Well, MMM, I thought that was such a good idea that I went ahead and set up a site for just that purpose today.

www.amateurnightpoetry@blogspot.com/
(It seems all the "bad poetry" titles are gone, sigh.)

I am nothing if not speedy.
I'll work on it a little more this weekend.

Unleash your inner random poet!

11:16 AM, July 14, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

WM, My but you ARE pro-active! I've already posted and am working on more sub-par poetry. :-)

7:59 PM, July 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home