Monday, June 11, 2007

What's on the Menu?

What to do with the kids over the summer?

How can I keep them busy?

What sort of lesson can they learn while not in school?

What should I make for dinner tonight?

I know... One night out of the week each kid will prepare dinner for the family. Of course a bit of planning needs to be involved... Like, what to make. What to shop for... And when to stop what you're doing and start preparing it all.

Each kid making a meal one night a week gives Mom 2 nights off!

However, I had to tell my son that NO, he was going to have to be more creative than tacos one night a week all summer long.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Tell Zach to add spaghetti with meat sauce in the mix...it is just as easy, heehee, those were my go to meals when I had to cook growing up...baked ziti is another good one, mix the noodles with the sauce and meat, throw in a little ricotta to the mix and top with mozzarella and bake...piece of cake.

12:19 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

hahahaha, mine would try to get away with PB&J for dinner. hats off to your boy for being willing to brown meat, LOL

2:24 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Jingo said...

If they're old enough, tell them to get a job. That's what I'll be doing over the Summer...

1:35 PM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

Carrie, I agree completely... What an easy dish... Too bad he hates anything with a sauce on it!

Lime, We have yet to actually SEE him take on the browning of the meat... It could very well be the blackening of the meat if I don't watch closely.

Jingo, you don't think I haven't already tried that with my 17 yr. old? I'm hoping the dinner idea will scare him into outside employment.

9:47 PM, June 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home