Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Confessions of a Slob...

It takes a lot of guts for me to come out of the closet and admit what a slob I am. This post is for those of you who've come to my house when I've 'staged' it... You know who you are... Yeah Amy, I'm talkin' to you!

A lot of my friends are all, "I can't let you see my house... It's too dirty and yours is always so clean.!" Well that was the old days folks. You see, when we first moved here the house was only 2 yrs. old... Imagine ONLY 2 yrs. worth of dirt? And the former owners were a yuppie couple with no kids, which translates to - Nobody home! Nobody to make a mess! I imagined if I were really diligent I could keep this house looking as pristine as the day we first lay eyes on it. Then things like LIFE got in the way and well, I guess I just found more important things to bide my time.

I'm wincing showing you this picture but the truth has got to be told...
Here's my kitchen counter after 2 or 3 days without clutter management:


Perhaps you have a spot like this in your home? You know, the place where EVERYBODY sets EVERYTHING down as soon as they walk in the door! You'll notice the baskets I use, in order to TRY, to organize some of this crap... They're both filled with shit so old it's probably obsolete. You might also notice the tiered rack with paper goods (for easy access of course) and nearly dead bananas which I keep promising to use in either muffins or bread... But look! There's an entire package of bread in a bag on the counter... Uh, 2 packages in fact and if I keep eating bread (in MY opinion the most essential of the food groups) I doubt I'll be able to roll my fat ass off the sofa any time soon. That weird looking red gun on the counter? It shoots smoke rings... We don't smoke so how else are we supposed to amuse ourselves? For the record, I haven't touched it, that's why it's sitting on my kitchen counter! Magazines, notebooks, books, cards, mail, old newspapers... And that's just the counter, you should see my desk. On second thought, maybe it's better you don't. This counter is just one of my many, MANY messy secrets but I'm just sticking my toe out of the closet today.

Truth is, I don't feel like doing much of anything except playing with this:

Meet 'Godiva'... She's my brand new baby! She's chocolate and she's sexy... I got her from my husband for Valentine's Day... Well, actually I got her for 'Belated ChrismaKwanzaNewMardiGroundhogValPresident's Day' and an 'Early St.Pat'sEasterMomMem4thLaborBacktoSchoolBirthday'... If you want to get right down to it.

Yep, I don't think too much cleaning is going to be getting done around here anytime soon.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

Cleaning is overrated. I like to think that clutter is a sign of a creative mind.
Right?
Right?

10:15 PM, February 19, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Well of course WM... I'm a regular DaVinci. How 'bout you?

12:06 PM, February 20, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

OMGosh! Will you JUST LOOK AT THAT!!??? YOU'RE NORMAL!!!! :P

(or I am...whichever)

LOL

I agree with WM here..cleaning is WAY over-rated and clutter is SOOOO the sign of a creative mind!
Stacie

3:15 PM, February 20, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

your counter would be my desk...

8:33 AM, February 21, 2008  
Blogger ~grey said...

I have a counter that is the exact same way... I can clean and straighten it up... but within a day or two it is right back to a cluttered mess.

Thanks for breaking the ice!

3:12 PM, March 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home