Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Balloon?

So I received the following email from a friend:

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. Friends are like balloons; once you let them go, you can't get them back. So I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you. Send this to all your friends including me and see how many you get back. Send this balloon to everybody you like. You may also return it to me. If four balloons are returned to you, something you have been waiting for a long time will happen!!!! Believe me...... It really happens! Send a lot of little balloons to your friends!!!

The following is my reply to her email:

"Oh Great! That means you'll have to witness as all my air slowly seeps out, leaving me all pruned up, looking repulsive and taking up much needed space. Eventually, you'll just grab a pair of scissors to cut me loose but instead I'll just fall to the floor in a disgusting flabby heap. That's when you'll take the scissors, cut me open to release what stale air I have left within. Then you'll toss me in the nearest trash bin.

Thanks, but I don't think I want to be a balloon, even though I'm quite sure my life resembles a great deal of the above.

By the way, I wonder what's gonna happen If I forward the email to "everybody I like"... My guess is they'll each send me a balloon bouquet... Ya think?


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl said...

LOL, I thought I recognized that baloon pic, my uncle bless his heart, spams the crap out of me with those things. EVERY DAY. Several times a day. He never sends a personal message, not ever. Just forwards tons of spam email that have already been forwarded 20bazillion times with 30 bazillion other email addresses attached to it. It drives me nuts. now I pretty much delete everything with his name on it when I open my email box...

your response to the baloon thing was hilarious!
Stacie

8:16 AM, January 14, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

You're right Stacie, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that the most cherished emails are the ones composed by the sender.

So maybe I proved my point?

8:27 AM, January 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home