Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Name is Al... Al Dente

Meet my buddy Al, Al Dente... I got him for Christmas and like any true sicilian he knows when the pasta is cooked to perfection. Seems Al crossed the wrong don and as a result, the family cemented his legs in a barrel. Plunge him into boiling water along with the pasta and when it's ready Al starts playing italian opera tunes, with which I can hum along... 3 different tunes, 3 different variations of cooked noodle... Hey, it beats throwing the pasta against the wall to see if it'll stick!

Al makes me feel like a cross between Tony Soprano and Giada De Laurentiis


Though in a look-alike contest, folks would most likely refer to me as "Hey Tony!"
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

that is pretty funny. i still like flinging the noodles though. i feel like i am (pardon the expression) getting away with murder.

12:55 PM, February 05, 2008  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

Funny- I've never, ever seen one of those.
How cute. I want my pasta to sing to me...

12:02 PM, February 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home