Monday, March 17, 2008

Back to the Beginning...

I started this blog 'thing' as a means of displaying my 'mad skillz' as a paper artist... Since that time I've done little but yammer on about housework, family and the bizarre situations day to day existence has handed me. Fear not, my loyal 3.5 Paper Treehouse visitors (.5? hey, you know who you are, stop on my blog for half a second, only to find a cute picture of a dog and the cut off heads of my children and think to yourself, "Not gonna waste my time on this shit!") ... I'll not disappoint you by holding back on details of my everyday drudgeries. How could I, dear readers, ever leave you bereft of the soliloquies (yes, I had to look up the spelling), in which I take the time to engage myself... I might also choose to believe, you'll think me an amazing blogger, if I start inserting some Readers Digest quality, 'Enrich Your Word Power', buzzwords into my blog... The likes of which result in a visit to dictionary.com. Is it workin' for ya? huh?

SO, let's go back to the beginning and allow me to take a break from all the witty repartee and regale you with a bit of not only my artsy awesomeness but also my utter lack of humility... Behold the beauty that is the birth announcement project I recently completed:

Yes, I handmade 80 announcements

A longtime customer and friend of mine had her baby... FINALLY! And gave me the opportunity to strip her poor child naked on a cold afternoon, so I could practice my photography skills. Take a look at sweet little Charley... Here's a close-up of the shot that graced each birth announcement:

I'm really quite pleased with the result and since I'm all up in myself over the fact I got MORE than one good picture, I simply have to share my favorite pic of the session:


Like I said, I just couldn't be happier with the results! I had SO much fun with this project, that I'm longing to do it again... and soon! Problem is, I'm in that stage of life when most of my friends are long past the baby making stage and it's still too early for the grandparent thing, at least without a shotgun involved.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oh! both of those photos are just beautiful! thanks for sharing them.

10:50 AM, March 18, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Those announcements came out AWSOME! Oh wow! I didn't know you were into the paper arts...I miss it. I havent' made time for stamping, scrapping,or altered art in a very long time. In fact, i've been selling off my stamps on ebay for a couple of weeks now....I need to get back into it..you've inspired me to start again, now if I can just find the time.
I love the photos too! AWSOME!
and that crack about grandparenting and shotguns cracked me up to no end.. I'm with you there...I have a 18 and 15 year olds...I couldn't agree more!'
Stacie

3:23 PM, March 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are awesome! what a talent! they are beautiful!
Rose

2:44 PM, March 19, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime and Stacie, thanks so much for the compliments... Stacie, I'd love to see some of your work posted sometime.

6:41 PM, March 19, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hey Rose, you're a pretty rockin' gal yourself! Thanks!

6:43 PM, March 19, 2008  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

Gorgeous photos, my dear.
How about you do my christmas cards this year?
;)

9:58 AM, March 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home