Friday, May 23, 2008

You want to What?

So I've told you a bit about the school my kids attend The New School. And I'm sure you've heard me mention that at this school, the students have the opportunity to pursue any course of study that interests them...

My daughter, my 15 yr. old sweet, delicate flower.... Yeah, not even!

More like my 15 yr. old tree climbing, dirt digging, toad catching, outdoor photography 'Nature Girl' has decided to study 'TAXIDERMY'.

She ordered a book for herself, with her own money AND Everything! She's also setting up a field trip for herself and a staff member to visit a Taxidermist Studio roughly an hour drive away.

There's already talk of what part of the school she'll take over in order to hone her skills... And an old fridge in the basement will house her um, 'subjects'. As other students at the school discover my daughters new course of education, some are interested, while others are obviously repulsed. As for me? I'm most concerned with whether or not 'dead' things are going to be showing up at my house. I don't think I mind too much once they're 'stuffed' but my daughter has already had folks offering up locations of deer carcases on the side of the road, along with rodents and others creatures of that ilk.

You know, I bought her dolls when she was little... She wouldn't touch them!
I put bows in her hair... Until she was old enough to tear them out!

I purchased pink dresses and pretty things... She wore 'frog boots' and carried around a big net and a bucket!


In the delivery room, when the doctor announced, "It's a Girl!"... I had a completely different picture in my mind than the reality that is my 'little girl'... And all I can say is... Thank heaven!!! because she's so incredibly unique and wonderful and amazing and really very much her own person!... But still, I'm really concerned about where all that dead stuff is gonna go?

I pulled this photo from my archives, not to worry, this turtle is very much alive!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oh man, it's a pity we don't live closer because we could supply her with our things we'd like stuffed. we'd give her the practice and she'd give us the discount of a student...perfect arrangement ;) hehehe.

good for her! but yes, i feel yoru pain. i had a black squirrel staring at me in my freezer for two years before it finally got stuffed.

oh, and please don't be offended but the tag you hit me with i did around a month ago so i'm going to pass this time around.

9:52 AM, May 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I don't know what to say...I'm a total girl when it comes to stuff like this & I wouldn't want all the dead stuff around either!

2:07 PM, May 25, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

We'll drive and pick them up, if need be Lime. She's discovered her other option is to 'purchase' said 'dead' items.

When she gets to the point where she needs some carrion we'll be in touch!

I always read your meme's sorry I didn't recognize this as one you'd done.

And Christy, can I come play Barbie's with your girls sometime just to embrace some girlishness?

7:46 PM, May 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on over:)

8:26 PM, May 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home