Monday, October 06, 2008

I can't help it... The Boy just cracks me up!

Next week our family is preparing for another Memorial Service at Arlington National Cemetery, for a second family member. So, tonight over dinner the subject centered around Memorial Services. My son said, "When I die I'd like something bigger than a twenty-one gun salute. Something louder and more grand... I think I'd like a huge fireworks show... Yeah, that would be great... Unless I die in some tragic fireworks accident, then it would just be inappropriate."

What?... Our family isn't morbid, we're just control freaks!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

I love it. Our family is just as bad. When a dear friend's 4 year old passed away, we planted a tree in his honor. 93 year old Grandmother asked me what kind of tree I would plant for her when she died and without even thinking I answered "crabapple of course".

I'm still paying for that one!

8:25 AM, October 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the funniest thing EVER!

10:27 AM, October 07, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

you could shoot his ashes out of a cannon.

8:33 AM, October 08, 2008  
Blogger stefanie said...

That is hilarious! It's always good to learn that your kids understand the bounds of propriety. What a gift that they can help us to laugh out loud in sad times!

7:55 PM, October 08, 2008  
Blogger santamaker said...

Gee, I wonder where he got his sense of humour?!?....Good one!

3:38 PM, October 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home