Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What the hell does EMJECOPXXO6 spell?

So Cousin, Daughter and I decided to head into D.C. on Saturday for a 'Photo Safari' so to speak.

You know those BEAUTIFUL photo collages that depict letters of the alphabet? They look something like this:


Well, the following is MY attempt at recreating this concept:












So there you have it... EMJECOPXXO6... Pretty DAMN impressive eh?
Hey, it's a LOT harder than it looks and let me tell you why...
It's VERY difficult to pinpoint the letter of the alphabet your photographing and extract it from all other 'noise' in the composition. Then you must take into account that each photo must be cropped to the same size for framing... Unless you want to get all 'wild & crazy' and cut your own mattes and crap... AND, just TRY to find the ENTIRE alphabet in one go... C'mon I DARE you (Chris & Stacie)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

That's actually really cool! Nice work.

7:33 AM, May 28, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

oh i do like your results even if they don't spell anything very well!

8:37 AM, May 28, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

That is a word verification for comments;)

I love your shots. I might try that one day!

9:24 AM, May 31, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks Jon!

I hope to try for the whole alphabet Lime.

Well there's a thought Chris.
I REALLY hope you DO give this exercise a try, I'd like to see the results.

1:20 PM, May 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home