Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Photo Shoot - Part 1

Last Saturday, Nature Girl and I made her annual birthday trek to our own little Eden. This park is her FAVORITE spot on earth (wondering if that comment still holds true after our recent California visit?) We've spent SO many special moments at this park during her 16 yrs. of life. Every time we descend the hill and I spy the stream which winds through the valley, I can so easily call to mind the tiny little blonde girl with the rubber frog boots, grasping a giant net in one hand a large bucket in the other. Eventually she'd be kneeling in the muck, picking frogs, tadpoles, sunfish and salamanders from the banks of the stream. Such a tiny little thing... she always put her precious friends carefully back where she found them, because the thrill was always in the catch and the brief encounter she had with a new friend.

And now she's found a new way of capturing all that nature.




Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

well i've looked through all of them. she really does a marvelous job. beautiful shots, all of them.

1:44 PM, April 30, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

Great views! Our dogwoods have lost their blooms already.

10:22 AM, May 02, 2009  
Anonymous Christy said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous--the third one is my favorite...what a great photographer!

I wanted to let you know that I have a new blog (1st post explains why) it's http://whatchristywrites.wordpress.com and new email is whatchristywrites@gmail.com It's okay to change it on your blogroll. :)

Thanks!

8:09 PM, May 05, 2009  
Blogger King of New York Hacks said...

Excellent photos, really well done. I'll be back.

4:43 PM, May 06, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime, thanks I'll be sure to pass that along to her.

Thanks Chris, and yep, you all see spring a bit earlier than we do.

Hi Christy, I will be sure to share your comments with her and thanks for letting me know your new location... I'll be sure to add it to my list.

Welcome King of Hacks, You're no slouch yourself when it comes to photography. I enjoyed your 'tour' around the city... Especially the guy with the sign!
:-)

10:14 AM, May 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home