Monday, September 28, 2009

Delicious Panini Goodness

This weekend I purchased a Panini machine and Oh MY GOD! Such deliciousness! I find myself wondering just HOW I went all these years without one.

On Saturday I made Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Panini's with London Broil (okay, the meat was little dry, so if I try it again the meat will have to be very rare and sliced paper thin.)

Yesterday I made Tuna Melt Panini's with cheddar cheese on fresh Italian bread and the bread? ooooohhhh the BREAD! So toasty, So tasty!

Today I'm going to step it up a notch and make Smoked Turkey with Tomato, Provolone and a Pesto Mayonnaise spread. I'm thinking of adding bacon too but that just might be too over the top.

My husband is working from home today and come lunch time, he's not gonna know what hit him. As I handed him the Panini I made on Saturday, I paused and said, "I'm trying to figure out just when I went from the luckiest wife in the world, to you becoming the luckiest husband."

And let's not talk about what all this bread is doing for the diet... okay?


Today's Kick-Ass I-pod Shuffle Tune:
Yes, I DID walk today but I dedicated the walk to my dog Anna. This made it more of a leisurly stroll so to speak, with lots of stops for sniffing rocks, trees, grass and just about EVERYTHING else. I didn't walk fast, I just allowed her to set the pace. No evil looks from passersby, just lots of admiring nods as to the beautiful animal I was walking.

Since the pace was slow, I spent time listening to the more relaxed music on my I-pod. One of the songs I enjoyed the most, instantly took me back to the first time I saw THIS, one of my all time favorite classic television moments.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

I don't have a panini maker but I wonder if one of those George Foreman grills would work for it? Grandmother has one that she never ever uses. Maybe I'll bring it out of hiding and give it a try...

Yum, paninis!

3:37 PM, September 28, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

remember those crazy sammiches i posted abotu eojns ago? the ones with marinated chicken breast, fresh mozzarella, homemade pesto, roasted peppers and portabella mushrooms? yeah, i really want one of those on yoru panini maker.

4:26 PM, September 30, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

oh, and i forgot to tell you. i misread the title as delicious panini GODDESS. would mr. embee concur? hehehe

word veri: pressive, lol. it's true.

4:27 PM, September 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home