Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm Trying.... I'm REEeeeAaaaalllllLLLYY Trying

So the boy still doesn't have his drivers license... The reason being, he has to accrue 60 hours of driving time before he's able to apply.

60 HOURS!!!

Yes, he needs the practice but dammit, I'm the one riding shotgun 99.9% of the time!

I'll say it again...

60 HOURS!!!

Today he was driving to school and was nearing the point where he needed to make a right turn.... but.... he.... was.... STILL... IN.... THE.... LEFT.... LANE!!! I had made a pact with myself when getting in the passenger seat of the car that I would NOT say ANYTHING during THIS trip.
a) Because I sound too controlling.
b) He's got to make responsible decisions for himself.

So here we are... STILL IN THE LEFT LANE... When my daughter says, "Hey, aren't you going to get over?" and yes, I couldn't help myself, I immediately echoed her words.

That's when he went, "Huh? Uh, Oh yeah... I forgot where I was going."

?????????????????????????????????????????????

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - Nature Girl needs to go to work for National Geographic!! Amazing pictures!!
~ Renata1967

5:35 PM, September 24, 2009  
Blogger Katy said...

OMG I've only got a month until daughter gets her permit. I am NOT looking forward to teaching her to drive. Do you bring a bullet to bite on or a strip of leather or something? I'm sure I'll leave nail marks in the dashboard!

10:57 AM, September 25, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hey Renata, Thanks and yes, that's what she's hoping to achieve one day.

Katy, I haven't tried the bullet or the leather strip but GREAT ideas, I'm sure I've got a leather belt around here somewhere. I haven't left nail marks on the dash yet but I make good use of the handle bar above my right shoulder. Can I give you some advice?... Get your husband to teach her.
:-(

11:12 AM, September 25, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

i feel your pain, really i do.

7:40 AM, September 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home