Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And he's driving?

Today Computer Boy made plans to take a friend to the movies... But I had to work at the shop. So, a momentous occasion took place... My boy drove ME to MY destination, dropped me off (actually dropped US off, Nature Girl has been joining me at the shop), and drove away... by himself... alone... on his own... at the helm... Of MY van *sniff*

The tears? They're not so much the milestone my son has reached... They're really about my inner control freak screaming at the loss of... well, CONTROL!

Late in the afternoon my boy called my cell and the conversation went something like this:

Me: "Hey!"

Son: "Hey!"

Me: "So, how was the movie?"

Son: "Great! So, where are you?"

Me: "Ummmmm, you have the car SOoooooooo, I'm.... right.... where.... you.... left.... me. "

You know, it's really difficult to WRITE sarcasm but that's how I roll... So it's no wonder I have it dished up in heaping bowls full by my own children.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oh man, even if you're not a control freak, watching them drive off the first 1oo times is still gut-twisting. saracasm? you? never ;)

9:12 PM, July 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home