Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Fear of a Failing Memory

The other day I made up a grocery list.
At the very top of the list I wrote 'Paper Towels.'
I went to the grocery store WITHOUT a pen to scratch off the items I had listed as I put them in the cart.
By the time I'd reached the paper goods aisle, I'd completely forgotten what I needed and didn't look at the top of my list.
While walking down the paper aisle, a nagging feeling pulled at the back of my brain. Something was telling me I needed an item from this aisle... But what could it be?
Ultimately I picked up parchment paper, which I had used up about a month ago but very seldom need.

Parchment paper is NOT an adequate substitute for paper towels.

I fear my family will be putting me in 'The Home' in the not too distant future.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

sorry to be so late getting here. just catching up after all the craziness at m y house.

keep a room next door for me in the home. i'm headed there myself. some days i can even remember why i left a room?

6:56 AM, September 07, 2010  
Blogger Katy said...

Hey! Where've you been? I've got an award for you at my place, aka an easy post to write! :)

Cheers!

7:42 PM, September 16, 2010  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime, I understand crazy busy better than most... Glad you had a minute to stop by! :-)

Katy, An award? You're too kind, I've been such an absentee lately but thank you so much! :-)

10:01 PM, September 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home