Friday, February 25, 2011

Chicken Rolls Recipe (For Carrie)

From the Valentine Post, I give you...

Chicken Rolls (Prepare to dirty EVERY dish in your kitchen!)
1 4 count pkg. of boneless chicken breasts
1 container of whipped cream cheese w/ chives
2 pkgs. of crescent rolls
1 stick of melted butter/margarine
5 slices of bread (crumble in food processor)
1 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 c. milk

Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Crumble bread in food processor. Cool chicken and finely chop in food processor. Salt and pepper chicken to taste and add cream cheese until well blended (I usually do this with a fork.) Melt margarine in a shallow dish in microwave. Separate crescent rolls and drop heaping tablespoons into the center of each. Fold crescents and seal around chicken mixture. Roll chicken roll in melted butter and then bread crumbs. Bake at 375 on sheet pan until golden brown (about 25-30 min.)

While the rolls bake, add soup to a small pan. Slowly stir in milk and heat through, making a thick gravy. Serve over chicken rolls.

And now you've dirtied every pot, pan and dish you own. However, if your kids don't mind helping in the kitchen and getting their hands messy they can help roll the rolls in the butter and bread crumbs. Unfortunately for me, my kids STILL get the willies over getting their hands dirty. So for me, chicken rolls have always been a solitary project.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

thank you :) Jimmy is out of town this week for work and i don't think he'd like it - he has an aversion to cream cheese and anything creamy - weirdo. So I will make it myself, make the kitchen dirty and enjoy it all myself. Then you can come and buy me some elastic pants. A WHOLE STICK OF BUTTER?! I'll buy light butter, that's what I'll do :)

2:45 PM, March 02, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home