Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Limbo Land

I HATE Limbo Land (not to be confused with 'Lego-Land')... Limbo Land is that place between events... That spot on the calendar that has nothing written in.

I can look back and see all that I've accomplished... I can look forward and see all that I need to accomplish but that void in between leaves me perplexed! What should I do? I could do something creative but my creativity seems to be driven by anxiety... The anxiety to meet a deadline... I DO have some deadlines that need to be met but they're not looming over me at this time. They're currently far away in the distance, like bandits on horseback approaching my little town... Ready to pillage my village but they're still so far away that I can barely make out their figures... So I deal with the threat by continuing my lollygagging.

Where did that come from? I haven't watched any Westerns lately?

Behold the great Procrastinator! When she could be on top of things... She chooses instead to complain about her boredom... She deserves every bit of stress she lets pile up on herself!

6 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

well, i thought comment. but maybe i'll just do it later

11:14 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime, Behold... The great procrastinator and her soul mate!

2:30 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger thethinker said...

Ah.. The art of procrastination. I know it well. Maybe I'll tell you about it sometime.

9:37 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Chasing the Dog said...

I like to think that I'm going to get done all early and then feel relieved and I imagine what that will feel like and how I'll take up a hobby or do some neglected (but fun) thing like teaching the dog to scoot his butt on the floor but then, I get so distracted with what I'm going to do with this newfound free time, that I usually run out of time and have to rush to finish.

C'est la vie.

11:46 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hurray Thinker, Alas... Yet another soul mate!

8:31 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Paige, I have a mental picture of us all just 'chasing our own tails'... Nice metaphor for an animal shelter worker, ya think?

8:34 AM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home