Saturday, November 10, 2007

Note to my 7th grade Sewing Teacher

Dear Ms. B,

Perhaps this note is a tad premature, as I haven't finished my sewing project quite yet... BUT, I just HAD to let you know that I might have finally moved past that 'D' grade you gave me in your class. True, the wrap around skirt you tortured me into creating was a logistical disaster but that was only because Susie Krogh (the little backstabber) told me the tension setting on my sewing machine should be set to 1. I know, I know, I should've been listening during that part of the lesson but my attention was elsewhere and I was too timid to raise my hand for fear you would snap at me. Of course, in retrospect that would've been much easier to deal with than the week of lunch hours I spent tearing out microscopic stitches with my seam ripper.... But I digress.

Tonight I began sewing banners for a decorating project for our towns Christmas Festival. I've not yet completed the 8 banners I've committed to completing by next week but I just want you to know that I ROCK! My seams are fairly straight, not only that but I checked my bobbin BEFORE it ran out of thread, wound a NEW bobbin AND re-threaded my machine in RECORD time! I'm sure to you that may seem a small victory but to ME, Ms. Best it's like achieving the title of head-seamstress to the Queen!

I didn't want to take up too much of your time... And I really MUST get back to my project, but I just HAD to stop and let you know that I was thinking of you.

Sincerely,
Marjorie



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

you know, i thought of my home ec teacher...aka the wicked witch of the west...over the years too, mostly when i finished lovely projects in spite of her obnoxious gola of making every one hate sewing and cooking.

10:11 PM, November 10, 2007  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

You really should send this letter out.

5:29 PM, November 11, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime, I urge you to write your own letter... It's been very therapeutic. However, my husband says I should quit blaming others and take responsibility for my own mistakes.

Hey WM... Initially I used my 7th grade sewing teachers full name and included a snarky comment regarding her first name but then my daughter pointed out that she might read it, to which I replied, "I doubt she's still alive." Well, I did a search and sure enough she's still living in the town I grew up in, yet she's retired now... Spooky, the stuff you can discover with Google.

8:46 PM, November 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home