Wednesday, October 22, 2008

7 Random Things

I've been tagged by Katy over at 'Whatever' and am struggling to come up with 7 random things about me... Turns out I'm not quite so 'Random' afterall as Katy and I have a lot of things in common... Except that 'Finger & Toenail' thing 'cause that's just Ewwww!... And I don't think I ever desired to be a coroner *shudder*... And Rubber Cement, okay... But gasoline? unh-uh! And hey, Black Licorice, LOVE IT! So okay, maybe we don't have all that much in common but when it comes to toilet paper it must always lay OVER THE TOP! And yes, PB&J's are definitly an art, heaven forbid if the jelly soaks into the bread. And cooking dinner, while I don't think it's all that random, I'm ALWAYS in favor of eating out.

So here you go... 7 Random Things About Me:

  1. I'm an 'Air Typer'... You've heard of playing 'Air Guitar' right? Well, I often type what people are saying when they talk. I'm not at all obvious about it, that would be rude! I just can't keep my fingers from flinching ever so slightly, hitting imaginary keys. I guess I'm just a frustrated court reporter.
  2. I have a hand-held Tetris game in the bathroom. I'm embarrassed to admit, I sometimes play it until my legs fall asleep.
  3. I'm a photography blog addict. I surf the net for photography blogs (mostly wedding photographers, see here and here and also here for some of my favorites.) for inspiration. I'd dearly love to be a professional photographer but doubt I could handle the pressure of not screwing up someones special day with crappy pictures, a dead battery or blurred vision.
  4. I wouldn't call it 'Road Rage' but I curse a lot when I'm behind the wheel. I don't drive aggressively, I just tend to have one-sided conversations with idiots I encounter on the road. My daughter refers to my van as 'The Curse-Mobile' (I really had no idea I was that bad until she informed my Mother-in-law of my vehicles moniker.) I should add *as I knock on wood*, I've never had a ticket nor an accident... *still knocking on wood*
  5. I make the world's best chocolate chip cookies, YES, from SCRATCH! I make them for social events at my kids school and folks cheer when they see me coming with a basket full of freshly baked cookies. They're just made with the 'Tollhouse' recipe but they always have the perfect ratio of soft vs. chewy.
  6. I LOVE creating beautifully wrapped packages... I am a wrapping paper freak. If I see a pattern of paper I like, I'll start to imagine how it will look wrapped around a gift I haven't even purchased yet. I collect all types of ribbon and embellishments for fancy gift-wrapping. I go nuts over a handsome sturdy box. Seriously, it's an illness!
  7. I like to mow the lawn. I have ever since my kids were small. I considered drowning myself in the noise of the mower my sanity time. Don't worry, my kids were being tended by my husband. To this day I still like mowing because it provides a good work-out and there's just something fulfilling about watching rows of unruly long grass become clean-cut and well groomed.
So here's 7 random things... yep, pretty random I think... I guess now I'm supposed to tag 7 new people... So here's to passing the torch or randomness.

Amy - Perhaps this'll get you blogging again.
Carrie - Can you take a break from all that exercise?
Stacie - Put down the running shoes and give me seven!
Jon - Oh, who am I kidding... You're probably much too kickass for this little exercise.
Scargosun - Don't know where the text for your blog went but perhaps you'd like to play along?
Whiskeymarie - I know the paint is bubbling up again but c'mon, give a little?
Mama's Losin' It - And she's gotta be the busiest blogger I've come across but perhaps she'll have a moment to share?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl said...

LOL I was trying desperatly to think of something to blog about...I'll try to come up with 7 new things. I loved yours! I'm soooo with ya on the cursemobile! LOL

And this is the second blog today I've read that had strong feelings about the toilet paper and how it's hung. LOL

Stacie

1:05 PM, October 22, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Yea Stace... These tags DO seem to come along at the most opportune times, I too was lacking material.
:-)

1:15 PM, October 22, 2008  
Blogger Laura Marchant said...

Number 1 & 3 I am totally with you.
#5- do share the recipe :-)

5:16 PM, October 22, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

i can identify with you about the one sided conversations with moronic drivers.

i wouldn't hate tasty your chocolate chip cookies.

i was never aware of your frustrated stenographer tendencies when we met, hehehe.

and i think i am your antithesis with wrapping paper. i use any thing i find, including the sunday comics (often because it's all i have at hand)

9:28 PM, October 22, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Mommy, Seriously, another air typer? Cool, I thought I was an anomaly. You'll have to post the links of some of your favorite photography blogs... Really, I'm obsessed!

Lime, I'm pretty discreet about the typing thing and doubt you even considered looking at my fingers as we chatted. Would I be bragging if I told you I could make even the Sunday comics look too good to open? It's not just about the paper, it's all about crisp edges, corners and embellishments. Yeah, I'm bragging but really it's just a creative hobby or perhaps an illness, I'm not sure which.

And ladies, regarding the chocolate chip cookies... It's just the 'Tollhouse' recipe and quite possibly the reliability of my Kitchen-Aid mixer, margarine instead of butter, adding the eggs one at a time, but the most important ingredient are the pans I use to bake the cookies 'Air Bake' pans are the BEST!

6:54 AM, October 23, 2008  
Blogger Jon said...

That's too funny. I have a hand held Tetris game in the bathroom too! And I LOVE mowing my lawn. And eating chocolate chip cookies, which you should totally bake for me someday.

I'll see what I can do with the meme. It's not that I'm too kickass, I'm just not that interesting.

7:06 AM, October 23, 2008  
Blogger mike said...

Jon is telling the truth about the Tetris in the bathroom. I completely agree with the overhand TP thing, I wrote that on my blog back in the summer. I am glad you feel the same way!

6:06 PM, October 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there--long time no....uh, read? I don't know! Anyway, I'm back from my trip. I did this meme today too--I love these things! I missed ya while I was gone! :)

9:56 AM, October 26, 2008  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

I'd like to say that I've got nothing for this one, but...

I'm the freaking queen of random these days.

In fact, I've got little else beyond
"random"

You picked exactly the right moment, it seems.
;)

9:27 PM, October 26, 2008  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

Oh, and?
I just spent something like 2 hours of my life looking at those photography blogs.

I fully expect you to come over and clean my bathroom tomorrow as I was supposed to do it tonight.

9:58 PM, October 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home