Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Top 10 Signs - You're No Longer Liviing In A Hotel Room

  1. Several hours after leaving your room, your bed is STILL unmade.
  2. The bathroom towels are on the floor right where you left them.
  3. The toilet paper ends aren't folded into neat little triangles.
  4. There are only 3 tiny sheets of toilet paper left on the roll and not a replacement roll in sight.
  5. No mini fridge.
  6. No ice bucket in your room.
  7. No balcony off your bedroom.
  8. Day 3 and no one has scrubbed out the shower.
  9. There aren't any tiny little bottles of shampoo, conditioner or lotion on your bathroom counter.
  10. Your television viewing isn't interrupted by the sounds of fornicating on the other side of your bedroom wall. (It only happened once but when you're sitting next to your daughter who says, "Is that what I think it is?" you want to crawl into a hole and die of embarrassment.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

LOL! The best part of hotel living is always coming into a clean, tidy space! I want a hotel maid at home.

Tell your daughter her pics were incredible!

3:48 PM, April 21, 2009  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I probably shouldn't tell this on myself but it looks like I'm going to...
My DH recently left for school in which he'll be living in a hotel for 2+ months. My youngest son and I accompanied him for the first week to visit our old friends. While my son was at a friends house for the weekend, my DH and I took advantage of the last free time together that will will have for about 3 or 4 months *if you know what I'm sayin'* (when he comes home from school he leaves almost immediately for his next assignment)
We tried to be very discreet and very quiet...

The week after my son and I left DH to his own devices, my hubby's "neighbor" remarked to him that he's very glad that he(my dh) is there this week because last week there was a young couple in the room and they were very loud.

Now, I'm not a screamer by any stretch of the imagination, and my husband is always worried someone might actually hear him breath louder than a churchmouse so we really didn't think we were that "noticable" but apparently we were! I pretty much wanted to die and I'll never even lay eyes on the man....

I do miss the whole maid thing though...just not the paper thin walls!

5:34 PM, April 21, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

Sorry about #10.....Alexis was feeling frisky. How was I to say no? But in my defense, it was only 27 seconds (ha ha ha ha).

Wait...don't publish that [too late]

5:58 PM, April 21, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

You and me both Katy and thanks, the positive comments help fuel her desire.

Hmmmm? Who knew that a post containing hotel fornication could make y'all fess up about your wild adventures behind paper-thin walls Stacie... I'll be sure to stay away from any San Diego hotel rooms within the next 3 or 4 months, 'cause there's bound to be some screamin.'
;-)

There's NO doubt now Chris... It must've been you, because the duration was EXACTLY 27 seconds! And please, tell Alexis, I'm so sorry.
;-)

8:15 AM, April 22, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

returning to quarters you have to clean yourself is always a bit of a letdown.

9:26 AM, April 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home