Tuesday, November 17, 2009

While Pumping Gas.... Really?

We all know when we see those little clusters of people, wearing their Sunday best, trolling through our neighborhoods, it's time to run in the house, close the blinds and pretend we're not home when the doorbell inevitably rings...

But today, while I was filling my gas tank, AT THE GAS STATION, a woman at the next pump approached me and in a bright voice said, "Good Morning"... I thought to myself, "How nice, rarely do people in the midst of pumping gas take time to greet one another." So I in turn, offered my own friendly greeting. And right after I did she pulled out a
'Watchtower' flier and said, "Here, I think you'll really enjoy reading this, it has a WONDERFUL article on Family... It's really a WONDERFUL article!"

Not wishing to be rude, because seriously, it's not like I could ditch inside my van and pretend like she didn't see me (however, thinking back on it that would've been a pretty hilarious move), I accepted the flier and said, "Uh, Um, Okay, Uh, thanks." When what I really wanted to say was, "Oh, I see... Get me when there's nowhere to hide."


Beware folks, the Jehovah's Witnesses have gone NINJA!

Are YOU prepared for the final days?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl said...

You are a MUCH better person than I am, because seriously? What I would have done would have GUARANTEED my entrance into Hell! I have almost ZERO tolerance for people who push their religion on me these days. I used to open the door and listen to them drone on and on and on because I didn't want to be rude, and now? Not so much...sigh...

2:12 AM, November 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home