Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Munched!

My friend Lori was in an auto accident today... Not focusing on her driving, she ran a stop sign and got hit broadside by a florist van (the same florist who's shop is right next door to the clay studio where Lori works... Awkward!)

Both parties are fine. Though my friend Lori, who sometimes... Okay, a LOT of times has a flair for the dramatic, while explaining the accident was going on about "blood" and "life & limb" and "I didn't say goodbye to my son this morning, what if I died?" However, because the accident took place in the middle of our teeny tiny downtown district, neither car was moving any faster than 20 mph. Yeah, her car is munched on the passenger side and an air bag deployed but 'life & limb' were spared for both parties involved.

I'm not trying to make light of the situation because I'd have been shaking in my boots too... I was just trying to give her a little perspective. The luck of the situation was, I just happened to be driving down Main St. when I saw Lori and her husband and pulled up to say Hi!... Right place, right time (wrong place, wrong time would've been in front of the hospital just 15 min. earlier when she ran that stop sign), I was able to take Lori home and get her calmed down.

Fortunately the guy from the florist shop was extremely understanding and other than a munched up car, everyone is going to be fine. On a side note, the boy almost killed us (okay, maybe I stretch the truth a bit... just a bit) driving to school this morning... So learning to drive in rainy conditions is definitely something he should start practicing........... WITH HIS DAD!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

yikes! glad there were no serious injuries and that you happened along at a time when your firned most needed you.

11:04 AM, October 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home