Monday, June 12, 2006

How big of a dork am I?

I see this blog as a way to exercise my communication skills... become a better writer... broaden my vocabulary.

Today I was quoted in the newspaper from an interview I gave at the LPGA yesterday...
Margie Blystone, also of __________, made the trip to the course along with her family. "It's a gorgeous day, and to see people that we normally see on television up close and watch them play, it's really awesome." she said. "Getting up there and smiling at them and waving and clapping for them is really cool."

So much for my communication skills... Now the roughly 47 people who read the county paper must think that Margie Blystone is a 15 yr. old dork who hangs out at the mall while she should be doing her English homework. Ever since I read the article this morning I keep reworking what I should have said. I want a reprint and I'd like it to read - Margie Blystone, also of _________, made the trip to the course along with her family. "What a spectacular day to watch some of the best players in the field." she said. "It's a privilege to see these women live and cheer them on."

If only I could take a Do-Over.

1 Comments:

Blogger (M)ary said...

Hi!

I liked the LPGA story. It sounds like your family had a wonderful(or cool) time! You are such a good mom!
PS In answer to your question on my June 9 post (or June 10) can't remember: Yes! And Good Luck!

7:19 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home