Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Belated Mother's Day

For Mother's Day my daughter gave me a card with a certificate that said, "Good for a day spent with your daughter shopping and going out to lunch." I asked her at the time if that meant I'd get to shop at all of MY favorite stores? She said, "Well not ALL of them, we have to go to my favorite stores too!" Then I asked her if it meant SHE was buying lunch? She replied, "Of course not, I don't have any money!"

So today, since we finally have a free Saturday... My daughter is taking me shopping so we can find her some summer clothes and we're going to her favorite restaurant for lunch (Bertucci's), where I'll be treating... Because hey, it's my belated Mother's Day gift.

It may sound like I'm complaining but I have to be honest... I'm really looking forward to it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's Sarah for ya...I hope it's FUN!

4:10 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

New to your blog... I like it! Sounds like your daughter is as lucky as me to have a wonderful mom... believe me, you're investing in some great memories! Hope your day was fun!

4:30 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comment :)

We did have a wonderful day, not only did she find some nice outfits but so did I!!!

9:06 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger (M)ary said...

That is sweet! Really.

I have a sister who is 20 years younger than me. I could see her doing the exact same thing during her pre-teen/teen years.

I am glad you had fun shopping!

8:18 AM, June 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home