Monday, July 17, 2006

STUPID!

I just spent the better part of an hour taking an online IQ Test...

I answered question... after question... after question... Using every bit of brain power I had left in my reserves after a long day of grocery shopping, laundry, closet purging, furniture moving, check-book balancing and mail sifting... Oh, and some random blog searching too!

The IQ website was an advertising link on a popular blog I read... Advertisement... I shoulda' known better! The questions seemed to go on forever and the more pages there were the dumber I became. MATH... I SUCK at MATH!!!! I kept hoping I'd get to the end and be able to see the problems I'd answered incorrectly... Then I could go back and check my answers and determine what I did wrong and LEARN from it.... Well, following the grueling brain crunch and after giving the greedy bastards a bunch of personal information (entirely false, except for my spam filter e-mail address... because hey, I wanted to see my results!) I at last reached a screen that informed me that I had scored a 120 on my IQ Test.... 120??? Out of what??? What they heck does 120 mean??? The one bit of information I DID receive is that I tested as a 'Word Warrior'

This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.
Find out more in your personalized 15-page IQ Report. It's ready right now!


And guess what? If I give them my credit card number they'll bill me JUST $12.95 and send me a report with a crap load of information on 'The University of Phoenix'... I curse myself for being so freaking gullible... It reminds me of the first time I ever clicked on the pop-up screen just to prove that I could hit the ducks with the big red X's on them in the shooting gallery.... That got me a load of spam mail for the next year and a half.

The one thing I learned from this experience is... I may have an IQ of 120 but I've got STUPID written all over my forehead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home